Shanghai Pudong Development (SPD) Bank said its 2016 net profit climbed 4.93 percent from a year earlier to 53.1 billion yuan (about 7.7 billion U.S. dollars).
Revenue rose 9.72 percent year on year to 160.79 billion yuan last year, according to the banks annual report.
Non-interest income reached 52.67 billion yuan, accounting for 32.76 percent of revenue, up 9.87 percentage points year on year. The bank posted 16.12 percent increase in total assets, which amounted to 5.86 trillion yuan at the end of 2016. Its non-performing loan ratio stood at 1.89 percent at the end of 2016, up from 1.56 percent the previous year.
- At least 193 killed, 202 injured in Colombia landslides
- China shuts down 18 illegal live streaming apps
- Chinas Q1 GDP growth may quicken to 6.9 pct CICC
- Chinese Internet giants eye artificial intelligence
- Chinas big-five banks report slim profit rise in 2016
- Beijing expands housing purchase restriction
- Chinas SPD Bank 2016 net profits up 4.93 pct
- Hong Kong shares up 0.28 pct by midday
- Xiongan New Area to catalyze Chinas inclusive growth
- Magnificent 10 for Chinese divers at World Diving Series Kaz
- 1 China to strictly evaluate poverty relief work
- 2 Iowa Governor Terry Branstad nominated for next U.S. ambassa
- 3 Political calls mount for S. Korean president to leave rulin
- 4 Crowdfunding cannot save Chinas leukemia girl
- 5 SpaceX successfully launches ISS resupply mission, rocket la
- 6 Ethiopia-Djibouti railway the Tazara railway in a new era
- 7 Over half Americans skeptical about Trumps ability to handle
- 8 China shuts down 18 illegal live streaming apps
- 9 College Board toughens SAT security measures
- 10 Beijing Police release investigation report on hotel attack